How do I use NIXIT™?
Place the lozenge in your mouth and roll it around until the lozenge dissolves. Each lozenge may take about 15-20 minutes to be fully consumed. This lozenge is designed to deliver nicotine into your system through the lining of your mouth, not in your stomach like most other medicines. It is important to minimize swallowing the dissolved medicine in these lozenges so that it can be properly absorbed in your mouth. Do not bite, chew or swallow the lozenge whole.
How will I feel when I start using NIXIT™?
If you’re here, you’ve probably tried to quit before. You know the issues and problems your body and mind go through when you try to quit. You will go through a few initial withdrawal symptoms, no different from the last time you quit smoking. By maintaining your NIXIT™ nicotine lozenge regime, you will feel fewer cravings for cigarettes and see the effects within 24 hours.
Do NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges have any side effects?
You may feel slight headache, insomnia and nausea. You may also feel mouth or throat irritation and may experience hiccups.
If nicotine is the problem, why should I use nicotine-based lozenges?
To answer this, let’s understand nicotine and its role in cigarette smoking. Smoking is dangerous for you. It affects all aspects of your health.
Nicotine is the key ingredient in cigarettes that causes addictions and cravings. By reducing your dependence on nicotine, you can quit smoking and lead a healthy life. Nicotine based lozenges help you gradually reduce your daily dependence on nicotine by getting your body used to lower and lower doses of nicotine over time, It is advisable to follow a 12 week quit schedule as recommended by US FDA. This approach entails gradually reducing the number of lozenges consumed over the course of 12 weeks, this helps reduce the nicotine withdrawal symptoms.*
Cigarette contains nicotine plus 4000 other chemicals, 40 or more of them being carcinogenic. NIXIT ™ contains only nicotine, that too in lesser amounts, without the harmful chemicals.
* If you still feel the urge to use the lozenges, please consult your Doctor.
Is NIXIT™ safe?
- NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge is safe when used as per recommended doses.
- NRT oral formats are available for past 10 years in India and does not have any serious known / reported side effects till date.
- Nicotine lozenges are recommended by WHO and US FDA as first line therapy for smoking cessation. They do not have any serious side effects.
- Side effects of NIXIT™, if any, are transient and manageable.
- Since the therapy itself is for a duration of 3 months only, NIXIT ™ is safe for use by almost all groups of smokers.
- Nicotine content in nicotine lozenges is very less compared to a cigarette, this does not pose any major harm to the body.
- Cigarette contains nicotine plus 4000 other chemicals, 40+ of them being carcinogenic. NIXIT™ contains only nicotine, that too in lesser amounts, minus the harmful chemicals. It is many folds safer compared to a cigarette and helps smokers quit smoking.
Do I need a doctor’s prescription to consume NIXIT™?
NIXIT™ is available in two strengths:
- NIXIT™ 2mg dosage is meant for those who smoke after 30 minutes of waking up or under 20 cigarettes a day and can be bought without prescription over the counter
- NIXIT™ 4mg dosage is meant for those who smoke within 30 minutes of waking up or more than 20 cigarettes a day. This variant needs to be prescribed by a registered medical practitioner
How long after smoking my last cigarette can I start using NIXIT™?
You need to wait at least 60 mins after smoking your last cigarette to start using NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge. You may use NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge whenever you feel like smoking again.
Does it matter how many NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges do I consume in 24 hours?
Yes it does. Please note that we recommend not more than 20 lozenges a day keeping your safety in mind. Use a NIXIT™ nicotine lozenge instead of a cigarette as per dosage specified. Consuming more lozenges may lead to overdose and less lozenges might reduce your chances of quitting successfully due to sub-therapeutic dose.
- Consume more than one lozenge at a time
- Consume lozenges one after another
- Consume more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours
- Consume more than 20 lozenges in a day
Will I still have cravings while using the lozenge?
Your body and brain have probably been adjusted to a high dosage of nicotine based on your daily smoking habits. Since NIXIT ™ offers a reduced dose of the same to help reduce the dependency on cigarettes, you may experience cravings for a cigarette for the first few days, even after using NIXIT ™. As you continue with your NIXIT ™ course, the cravings would gradually reduce and eventually stop.
How long will it take before I stop feeling any cravings?
Everybody reacts differently to quitting cigarettes. You may stop feeling cravings as soon as a few hours or as late as few days after your last cigarette.
Can I get addicted to this as well?
NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge contains much lesser levels of nicotine than your cigarette and hence chances of addiction to NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge are negligible if you use the product as per the recommended dose, by tapering usage over the weeks.
If used for long duration, it may be addictive, but mostly not when used for just 3 months. It may also be addictive if you have consumed it one after another consecutively and have had more than 20 lozenges.
- NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge is not a substitute for cigarettes for people to get addicted, it helps people quit smoking
Can I use the lozenge along with the nicotine patch?
You may use both together. However, it is best to consult your Doctor for more information on how do you choose the strength and dose of both formats.
Can I use NIXIT™ only during some part of the day and smoke during the rest of the day?
NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenges have been designed as an aid to quit smoking rather than as a substitute to cigarette smoking. The two can’t be interchangeably used. Successful quitting is possible only when you move away from cigarettes completely and abstain from smoking in future
I don't get the same "kick" as I used to get out of the cigarettes, why?
NRT works on the principle of reduced nicotine release to curb the cravings that individuals experience. The nicotine levels present in the lozenge is lesser as compared to the cigarettes and hence you may not experience the same high as smoking a cigarette.
How long should I use NIXIT™?
You don’t need to use NIXIT ™ nicotine lozenge for more than 3 months. If you can stick to the right doses and maintain a proper regime, you can quit smoking in less than 100 days!
Sample Dosage Schedule
Week 1 to 6
Weeks 7 to 9
Weeks 10 to 12
1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours
1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours
1 lozenge every 4 to 8 hours
What is the recommended dosage?
NIXIT ™ is available in two strengths:
- NIXIT ™ 2mg is meant for those who smoke after 30 minutes of waking up or under 20 cigarettes a day and can be bought without prescription over the counter
- NIXIT ™ 4mg is meant for those who smoke within 30 minutes of waking up or more than 20 cigarettes a day. This variant needs to be prescribed by a medical practitioner
What is the minimum duration gap between two NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges?
The minimum duration gap is 1 hour after the last lozenge.
What do I do if I start smoking again despite using lozenges?
Quitting cigarettes can involve multiple false starts and failed steps. Your best response would be to forgive yourself and start your quit journey again. Do not panic.Throw away all the cigarettes. Think about your goal to quit. Restarting the lozenges is the right step forward.
Can I use NIXIT™ to help quit chewing tobacco, cigars, or pipe smoking?
Of course! NIXIT ™’s role is to help you reduce your dependence on nicotine, whether it’s through cigarettes, pipes, cigars or chewing tobacco.
Seek Doctor’s Advice
Can I consume NIXIT™ alongside other medication?
Can I use this product if I am a cardiac patient?
Yes you can, however it is best to consult your doctor for any possible side effects. You cannot use if you’ve suffered from a heart attack 2 weeks before.
Can I use this product if I am a diabetes patient?
Yes you can, however it is best to consult your doctor for any possible side effects.
How are the lozenges priced?
The MRP is ₹ 100 for 2mg and ₹ 120 for 4mg, each pack contains 10 lozenges.
NIXIT™ is expensive, I can’t afford it!
- Average cost of an Indian cigarette is approximately ₹ 8-15.Cost per lozenge is ₹ 10 - 12 only (for 2mg & 4mg respectively). Compared to a cigarette, NIXIT™ is economical and helps one quit smoking.
- Even for chain smokers of > 20 cigarettes, one needs only twenty lozenges per day minimising cigarette expenses.
All the ‘invisible’ expenses pertaining to diseases in future as a result of smoking today may be avoided by spending lesser on NIXIT™ now.
- NIXIT™ helps regain health. The therapy cost is negligible compared to one’s health.
What flavours are available?
NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges are available in frost mint flavour, that produces a cool sensation in your mouth/throat and reduces the aftertaste of nicotine. Mint is an universally accepted flavor for lozenges and gums.
How many lozenges per pack?
Each strip of NIXIT™ contains 10 lozenges, packed in a monocarton.
Where is NIXIT™ available / Where can I purchase it from?
You can purchase NIXIT™ nicotine lozenge directly from our online store.
What is the time duration of delivery if I order online?
Depending on your location, delivery can take about 3 to 5 working days. For places that are remote, the delivery time might be longer.
What should I do to improve my chances of being nicotine independent?
Being nicotine independent requires a lifestyle change and use of NRT (NIXIT™) as recommended. Use NIXIT™ lozenge instead of cigarettes, eat well, stay hydrated, go for a walk & spend time with your loved ones. Most importantly be resilient. Do reach out to a medical professional to get advice about lifestyle changes that can help you be nicotine independent.
Can I / should I consume NIXIT™ even after 3 months?
If you have successfully quit smoking, you need not continue using NIXIT™. Congratulations!