What is NRT?
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is a medically approved method for quitting smoking successfully. The dosage of nicotine is steadily reduced over the duration of the course allowing the body to gradually adjust to nicotine independence.
Benefits of Lozenges
NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenges are a form of NRT, which allows your body to gradually reduce dependence on nicotine, increasing your chances of quitting smoking.
While nicotine is known to cause addictions, usage of nicotine lozenges can help break your addiction. By consuming the right dosage of nicotine and focusing on steadily reducing the nicotine intake, you can break your addiction to cigarettes and eventually to nicotine itself.
Nicotine lozenges are unique and better
- Can reduce withdrawal symptoms significantly
- Easy to use, no need to chew
- Unique with controlled release of nicotine
- Higher quit rate
- Lesser chances of relapse
- Lesser chances of quitting-related weight gain
- Can be used by smokers having dentures or jaw pain
Quitting is no mean feat.
It requires will power, resilience and dedication. It requires the ability to say “no” to cravings and belief in yourself. With NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenges, your quitting journey will be a lot more easier. We can help you manage your cravings from your last cigarette to complete nicotine independence.
Our lozenges have been designed keeping you in mind:
- Easy to use
- Controlled release of nicotine
- Reduced nicotine withdrawal symptoms
- Great frost mint flavor for a pleasant and fresh after-taste
More than a medicine - NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenge is your companion at every step of your journey.
You gradually reduce your dependence on nicotine in 3 months.
How to consume NIXITTM?
Consuming NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenge is as easy as any other lozenge.
- Place the lozenge in your mouth.
- Roll it around until the lozenge dissolves – this will take 15-20 minutes.
- Do no bite, chew or swallow the whole lozenge.
Sample Dosage Specifications
The dosage is quite simple. You gradually reduce your dependence on nicotine in 3 months. Use a lozenge instead of a cigarette whenever you have an urge to smoke. Below is a sample dosage schedule for NIXITTM 2mg –
Use a NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenge every 1 to 2 hours and at least 9 lozenges each day for the first 6 weeks to help prevent unexpected cravings and improve your chances of quitting. After six weeks, you should wait a little longer between lozenges, one lozenge every two to four hours. This will help you gradually use fewer NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenges. At the beginning of week 10, reduce NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenge use even further, one every 4-8 hours.
By tapering the dose, body’s dependence on nicotine is gradually reduced until it no longer requires it, resulting in quitting.
Since NIXITTM Nicotine Lozenges contain nicotine, there is a probability that one may get addicted to these if not used as recommended. Hence, it is imperative that one follows the dosage regime to quit.
NOTE: Please be aware that most oral NRT formats viz. gums and lozenges, may cause throat irritation at first, due to release of nicotine directly in to the mouth cavity. This effect can be minimized with NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges by slowly sucking on to it over a period of 15 to 20 minutes as elaborated in the diagram under “how to consume”.
Introducing - Smart Packs
Dos & Don'ts
- Exceed the recommended dosage
- Consume more than one lozenge at a time
- Consume over 5 lozenges in 6 hours
- Consume more than 20 lozenges per day
- Eat or drink with the lozenge in your mouth
Consult your doctor if you –
- Are below 18 years of age
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Are taking any prescription and/or non-prescription medicine
- Have a history of ulcers, heart, stomach, liver or kidney diseases
- Are diabetic
- Are hypertensive
- Have an overactive thyroid gland
Warnings and side effects
Please be aware that most oral NRT formats viz. gums and lozenges, may cause throat irritation at first, due to release of nicotine directly in to the mouth cavity. This effect can be minimized with NIXIT™ nicotine lozenges by slowly sucking on to it over a period of 15 to 20 minutes as elaborated in the diagram under “how to consume”.
Consult a doctor immediately if:
- You have consumed more than the recommended dose
- You have chewed or swallowed the lozenge
- You experience general symptoms of nicotine overdose like headache, nausea, diarrhea, prolonged throat irritation and stomach pain